Recent Changes allows you to see the most recent edits made to pages in WikiHealth. Using this page, users can monitor and review the work of other users, correcting mistakes and reversing vandalism. There is a link to the Recent Changes page in the sidebar of each page. Click here to see what the Recent Changes page looks like.
Understanding Recent Changes
The Recent Changes page consists of fifty lines, one for each edit, looking like this:
This indicates three edits:
1. the first by a user who is not logged in to the Main Page
2. the second by WikiFAQ Admin to the Main Page
3. the third by a user who is not logged in to Help:Content
From left to right:
- In a line showing the most recent edit to any page at the time of creating the Recent Changes list, the diff link shows the changes introduced by this edit, and also any edits that have taken place since the Recent Changes page was loaded. For other lines, it shows the changes in that edit only. The diff link is not available for new pages, or for page moves
- The hist link corresponds to the Page history link on the edited page: it shows not just this edit but also older and newer ones. For page moves, the hist link leads to the history of the new page title
- A bold m indicates that the user marked the edit "minor". Only logged in users can mark edits minor, to avoid abuse.
- A bold N indicates that the page is "new", i.e., previously did not exist. It is possible for a change to possess both the "minor" and "new" indicators, this is typically used for new redirects.
- The next link is a link to the current version of the page in question.
- 10:06 refers to the time in UTC. You can change the time to your time zone using your preferences - see how to set preferences.
- For logged in users, the next link is a link to their user homepage (as usual with internal links, the view page if the page exists, the edit page if it does not, the two being styled differently). For users who are not logged in, the link is to their User Contributions.
- Finally, there is a link to the user's talk page (the same remarks regarding existence apply).
- For page moves, a link is given to both the old and new title.
Logged in users can set preferences to adjust the way that Recent Changes looks. For help in doing this, see how to set preferences. The options that affect recent changes are:
- Hide minor edits in recent changes - this hides all edits that have been marked as minor by logged in users;
- Number of recent changes. You may select the number of changes which will be shown by default on the Recent Changes page. Once on that page, links are provided for other options. In the case of Enhanced Recent Changes this number of changes includes those that are initially hidden.
Viewing new changes starting from a particular time
If you have loaded the recent changes at, for example, 09:45 Feb 25, 2003, it gives a link "Show new changes starting from 09:45 Feb 25, 2003", giving you the changes you have not seen yet. In order to use this link later, after you have used the browser window for other things, or if you switch off the computer in between, you can instruct your browser to bookmark it. Alternatively, you can save the page with recent changes.
Hiding logged in users from recent changes
Special:Recentchanges/hidelui is a version of recent changes that only shows changes by users who have not logged in. This can be useful for those watching out for vandalism. Features such as viewing changes starting from a particular time can be used with the hideliu feature, but only by manually altering the URL to add &hideliu=1 to it.
See also below.
Edit records that are changed or lost
After a page has been renamed (moved), earlier edits, including the original creation of the page, are shown in Recent Changes etc. under the new name.
After a page has been deleted, earlier edits, including the original creation of the page, are not shown in Recent Changes etc.
In this Recent Changes differs from a real log of editing events (the latter in the sense that something that has happened can not be changed afterwards).
- This page was originally created by WikiHealth Admin at 15:56 on May 25, 2013.
- This page was last modified by An Anonymous User at 06:42 on March 25, 2005.
- This following users have made contributions: MEP, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, WikiHealth Admin, and 5 anonymous users.
- This page has been previously accessed a total of 5842 times.